Participate in Speak Up
Each year, the Speak Up Research Initiative asks K-12 students, parents and educators about the role of technology for learning in and out of school.
We are now promoting the national surveys that focus on K-12 District Leadership.
2023 National Speak Up Surveys
The Cybersecurity Awareness and Preparation Survey
Project Tomorrow has been reporting on the state of cybersecurity in K-12 districts since 2017 and will continue to do so this year. The third annual K-12 survey linked below asks district leaders’ input on this critical issue. Your participation in this survey is vital to informing new policies, programs and funding to support cybersecurity in K-12 districts.
2022-2023 K-12 School Surveys
The K-12 School surveys for students, parents, teachers, and school leaders have closed for the 2022-2023 school year.
A key benefit of participating in Speak Up as a district is the data you receive for your school and district. We hope that you have accessed your data and incorporated it into your planning process.
2022-2023 Speak Up Contacts
If you are a district or school contact that registered for the 2022-2023 school year, you can log in to access your data using the button below.
View Previous Years’ Data
Past participants can easily access their data by selecting the year of the Speak Up collection period you would like to view:
Click to access links to previous years
- 2021-2022 https://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2021/
- 2020-2021 https://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2020/
- 2019-2020 https://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2019/find_school
- 2018-2019 https://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2018/find_school.aspx
- 2017-2018 https://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2017/find_school.aspx
- 2016-2003: email email@example.com
- To view your reports, you will be required to enter your state, school or district name and the Speak Up admin password assigned to your school/district for that particular year. If you forgot the password, simply select the “forgot option” link and it will send the password for that particular year to the email on file. If you still cannot access past reports, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To view data reports, select the number in the “# of District (School) Surveys” column to display that survey type.
- To view your open-ended text responses, click on “District (School)” in the Open-Ended Responses Column.
- To save a copy of your results: click the download button at the top of the page to export the report into excel. To keep the formatted version, print the results or copy and paste them into your own file or this Speak Up Data Excel Template. To view your data across audiences and by theme, use our thematic report template to drop in your school or district’s data.
Not the primary contact? We can help. Please contact the Speak Up Team at email@example.com for assistance.
Tools for District Primary Contacts
- School Side by Side Comparison Report: To export your district data for each audience type by school into an excel file, once logged in, click on “Download Excel Summary” link at the top of your report table. You will then be prompted to select an audience type, the excel file will then pop up as a download. This file includes: school side by side comparisons as well as the national, state, and district data percentages to use as benchmarks.
- School Individual Reports: District primary contacts can access each individual school’s reports by selecting a school from the Individual School Reports column or by selecting from the year drop down above to access each individual school’s report page. The district admin password will work to access each individual school’s reports.
Are you interested in presenting your school or district data? Please contact the Speak Up Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request copies of our PowerPoint templates.
Project Tomorrow salutes the following innovative companies and organizations for their support of Speak Up 2022-23.