Participate in Speak Up
Now Open: 2023 National Surveys focused on K-12 District Leadership!
Three years ago, we moved to a new method of collecting district leadership input for #SpeakUpEd. Separating this audience from the school collection, lets us provide better anonymity for participants. Are you a school district leader supporting the effective integration of technology in K-12 schools? Share your insights by completing the survey(s) most appropriate to your current role.
Your input will have an impact on the future of education and digital learning in our nation’s K-12 schools. To express our appreciation, Project Tomorrow is offering a chance to win a $50 gift card. All of your responses are protected by Project Tomorrow. Our analysis is only interested in aggregated data. No individual responses will be released.
The Cybersecurity Awareness and Preparation Survey
Project Tomorrow has been reporting on the state of cybersecurity in K-12 districts since 2017 and will continue to do so this year. The third annual K-12 survey linked below asks district leaders’ input on this critical issue. Your participation in this survey is vital to informing new policies, programs and funding to support cybersecurity in K-12 districts.
District Leadership Survey
The District Leader Survey can be completed by individuals holding multiple roles and responsibilities within the district or central office staff. This includes but is not limited to Superintendents, Directors of Curriculum and Instruction, Human Resource Officers, Special Education Directors, Directors of Federal and State Programs, and other cabinet members. Technology and Communication Leaders should take the designated surveys linked below.
Technology Leadership Survey
Technology Leaders Survey is for individuals responsible for technology use – specifically to support education technology usage within the district or central office and at school sites.
Communication Leadership Survey
Communication Leaders Survey is for individuals responsible for PR and district communication management.
Opening Soon: 2023-2024 K-12 School Surveys
The K-12 School surveys for students, parents, teachers, and school leaders will open on October 26, 2023 and remain open through May 31, 2024.
Registration for participation will begin in September. If you would like to learn more about the process and benefits from participation, please connect with our Speak Up Project Director, Michelle Green.
2022-2023 Speak Up Contacts
A key benefit of participating in Speak Up as a district is the data you receive for your school and district. We hope that you have accessed your data and incorporated it into your planning process. District or school contacts that registered for the 2022-2023 school year access their data using the button below. If you need assistance, please message firstname.lastname@example.org
View Previous Years’ Data
Past participants can easily access their data by selecting the year of the Speak Up collection period you would like to view:
Click to access links to previous years
- 2021-2022 https://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2021/find_school
- 2019-2020 https://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2019/find_school
- 2018-2019 https://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2018/find_school.aspx
- 2017-2018 https://www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2017/find_school.aspx
- 2016-2003: email email@example.com
- To view your reports, you will be required to enter your state, school or district name and the Speak Up admin password assigned to your school/district for that particular year. If you forgot the password, simply select the “forgot option” link and it will send the password for that particular year to the email on file. If you still cannot access past reports, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To view data reports, select the number in the “# of District (School) Surveys” column to display that survey type.
- To view your open-ended text responses, click on “District (School)” in the Open-Ended Responses Column.
- To save a copy of your results: click the download button at the top of the page to export the report into excel. To keep the formatted version, print the results or copy and paste them into your own file or this Speak Up Data Excel Template. To view your data across audiences and by theme, use our thematic report template to drop in your school or district’s data.
Not the primary contact? We can help. Please contact the Speak Up Team at email@example.com for assistance.
Tools for District Primary Contacts
- School Side by Side Comparison Report: To export your district data for each audience type by school into an excel file, once logged in, click on “Download Excel Summary” link at the top of your report table. You will then be prompted to select an audience type, the excel file will then pop up as a download. This file includes: school side by side comparisons as well as the national, state, and district data percentages to use as benchmarks.
- School Individual Reports: District primary contacts can access each individual school’s reports by selecting a school from the Individual School Reports column or by selecting from the year drop down above to access each individual school’s report page. The district admin password will work to access each individual school’s reports.
Are you interested in presenting your school or district data? Please contact the Speak Up Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request copies of our PowerPoint templates.
Each year, the Speak Up Research Initiative asks K-12 students, parents and educators about the role of technology for learning in and out of school.
Project Tomorrow salutes the following innovative companies and organizations for their support of Speak Up 2023-24.